Based in the Netherlands
June 25, 2016 (DX version July 25 2019)
SpiritSphere is a local multiplayer game that draws inspiration from classics like Zelda and Windjammers and mashes it together with the nostalgic feel of playing air hockey at your local arcade. Challenge your friends to an exciting one-versus-one battle or train your skills against the computer in singleplayer mode.
For reviewing purposes only. Not for publication* Press X B Y B X Y X X on your Xbox controller or type 'eendhoornisthebest' on your keyboard in the main menu to unlock everything in the game. A sound effect will confirm that you did it correctly.
Since SpiritSphere is a local multiplayer game at its core please make sure to only review the game if you have played the multiplayer part!
SpiritSphere's concept came together by a series of circumstances. Aug 8, 2015 the GameboyJam (GBJAM) gamejam started, with the goal to create a game based on gameboy limitations in just 10 days. Eendhoorn's entry was a top-down rpg called Dungeon of Trials. Where players need to traverse through procedurally generated dungeon rooms, with the difficulty increasing with each room. One of the dungeon rooms contains a pong esque mini-game game. A few days after the jam I went to an arcade and played some air-hockey, it was great fun. The idea to grab the top-down rpg game and mash it up with air-hockey crossed my mind, and SpiritSphere was born! On July 2nd, 2018 the DX version of SpiritSphere was released on the Nintendo Switch, thanks to signing with Fabraz as the publisher.
- Classic RPG vibe
- Arcade competitve gameplay
- Easy to learn, hard to master
- 2 - 4 player mode
- Different characters, stages, game modes, items and spheres to play with
SpiritSphere DX Release Trailer (Nintendo Switch) YouTube
SpiritSphere DX Release Trailer (PC) YouTube
SpiritSphere DX - What's new? YouTube
Logo & Icon
There are currently no logos or icons available for SpiritSphere DX. Check back later for more or contact us for specific requests!
- "What I am most thankful for is the ability that the game gave me to relive childhood memories. These memories were of playing video games and air hockey with friends, partners and even my mother. These bonding experiences have helped shape who I am today. Therefore, I quickly became enamored with the game."
- Steamified, Steamified
- "Really really lots of fun"
- Scythe, Scythe Plays
- "Spirit Sphere is an amazing physics based game"
- Thomas Cargle, Orange Bison
- "SpiritSphere is the perfect game to play if you've got a group of friends over. The controls are simple but natural, the art is a perfect callback to the best of the Game Boy era"
- ChrisDeCoster, Gameskinny
- "I'm so into this game, seriously"
- SpicyWaffle, SpicyWaffle
- "It's really gonna be a lot of fun to play against your friends on the couch "
- Raxby, Raxby
Request Press Copy
Please fill in your e-mail address below to complete a distribute() request and we'll get back to you as soon as a press copy is available for you.
Eendhoorn Games allows for the contents of SpiritSphere DX to be published through video broadcasting services for any commercial or non-commercial purposes. Monetization of videos created containing assets from SpiritSphere DX is legally & explicitly allowed by Eendhoorn Games. This permission can be found in writing at http://eendhoorngames.com/press/sheet.php?p=SpiritSphere.
About Eendhoorn Games
Eendhoorn is a one-man studio focussing on small, retro flavoured games.
More information on Eendhoorn Games, our logo & relevant media are available here.
SpiritSphere DX Credits
Programming, Art, SFX
Publishing / Marketing (Nintendo Switch)